Promotion is essential

Philip Anderton wrote:

> <SNIP>. However other UK bands often gain poor attendances
> in Sydney, and I guess for the same reasons - lack of promotion. The
> visiting Salvo bands always draw big crowds, boosted by promotion within
> the SA I suppose.
>
> Phil A.

Can we have some meaningful discussion on promotion then. This affects all
community bands. How about we take the suit of armour off and share some ideas.

I'll deal.  How many bands have a guest book at every concert and add new names
from that book to a data base that becomes the basis for a mailing list.?  Just
a thought.
--
Norm.
Music is my first love, after Jan and the billies.