Re: Whit Friday

On Wed, 3 Jun 1998 D.LANCASTER@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Martin Irwin tells us he's out playing with Brighouse on Whit Friday.
> I'm with Rothwell (Leeds) on fourth man down - do say hello.  Rumour
> has it that most of the top bands are playing this year, so if anyone was
> thinking of travelling up/down to Saddleworth to listen, it should be
> a good year, unlike the last couple of times when it has clashed with
> the Masters weekend.

I'll be out with Rowntrees, starting in Denshaw and working our way west.
If you see us, feel free to come and say hello. I'm the bearded one, filling
in on the BBb Bass, because our usual BBb player broke his leg! :-(
Isn't it funny how you can never find a dep for a BBb Bass when the job
involves marching and standing to play. ;-)

Darryl

		Darryl Rayner   drayner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Lead Contra Bass Bugle (GG)
 City of York Scout Band
		<http://www.drayner.demon.co.uk/cysb.html>
		EEb Bass Tuba	Rowntree Brass Band (York)
EEb Bass Tuba	Svengali Big Band (Birmingham)
EEb Bass Tuba	CyberBand 1996 & 1997