Re: Promotion is essential - our next Concert.

At 17:30 4/06/98 +1000, Norm Harris wrote:
 This affects all
>community bands. How about we take the suit of armour off and share some
ideas.

>I'll deal.  How many bands have a guest book at every concert and add new
names from that book to a data base >that becomes the basis for a mailing
list.?  Just a thought.

Great Idea. At our last concert we distributed an information sheet with a
request for feedback. As a result we have had quite a few enquires about
our next concert (Friday 19th June, Forestville RSL - "Warringah Brass in
Concert").

I can't repeat all the suggestions here (make your eyes water! :-)), but
suffice to say we had mostly favourable comments, but no innovative ideas.
Let's say it confirmed our feeling that we have a growing following in our
local community. I'll propose the Guest Book idea at the next committee
meeting.

The database - have you ever maintained a mailing list? I do, for about 200
optometrists, Australia wide. It's a lot of work just removing invalid
addresses and adding new people (it's a closed list). Something more for
our overworked secretary to do.

Newsletter? - Lets say we get 400 names from the next concert. The mail-out
cost would be 0.40c x 400 = $160.00.  A regular newsletter on this basis
would soon erode the concert proceeds, but its certainly worth a try, and
if it meant more bums on seats in a bigger venue, t'would be worthwhile.

Another alternative is a regular column in a local newspaper, I suppose.

Phil.

Philip Anderton			Phone: +61 2 9316 8301
Warringah Concert Brass
Sydney, Australia

Web: http://www.optom.unsw.edu.au/public/other/wcb.htm
Old photos: http://www.optom.unsw.edu.au/public/bbhistory/bbh.htm