Re: National Finals test - piece

Adrian J. Raven wrote:

> Peter Younghusband wrote:
>
> > > Songs for B.L. is guaranteed to remove any unwanted guests or upset your
> > > neighbours.
>
> > Too right! Perhaps we could ask the list just how many fans BL has?
>
> Sorry, Monkey, I'm a BL fan, and not ashamed to admit it.

Keep taking the tablets - you'll be alright!

> (sounds like
> we are a small fan club, though :))

Kind of 'party in a telephone box' size I would reckon!

;-)

> I came back to the UK in 1995 when it was the Nationals test-piece, and
> was really impressed. It sounded particularly good in the RAH acoustic
> too.

Mmm.........I must admit that we (BNFL) were in Japan and South Korea until the
Tuesday before the Nationals, and I can honestly say that we played it through
completely for the 3rd time only actually on stage! the lads just could not
stomach it I'm afraid.

> > Mmmmm.....I thought Isiah was very good - can't remember the other two.
>
> I thought Isaiah 40 was very "bitty", it has some good moments, but
> nothing really develops, it just goes from one motif to another. IMHO
> Not that I'm an expert in harmonic analysis or anything :)

Ah well, that's what music is all about. Be very boring if we all liked the same
stuff!

Any more members for Ade's BL club.....................???

Monkey