Re: Anthem - Queen of Australia

Ron Grice wrote:

> > Ron Grice wrote
> >
> > > On the subject of our so called Anthem I wonder what other country
> would allow
> > > their Anthem to be performed in the wrong time sig(Julie Anthony) or
> elong-gating
> > > the
> > > the last phrase,not to mention all the pop singers variations.

Well Ron, i know for a fact that in the USA there has been a plethora of
variations on their anthem sung in a variety of keys, styles, with 'elongation'
(the musical term is augmentation, assuming we are talking of the same thing)
accapella or accompanied by a variety of different musical
instruments/combinations thereof.. MARK????

> > Sorry to be pedantic, but you can't blame Julie for that. Tommy Tycho
> >arranged  'that' partricular version and for mine it is fantastic. Now if
> you are
> >going to  get picky about it, Tommy even changed a lot of the chords.  No,
> he
> >didn't mess  with the time signature. If you want, I'll ask Tom for a copy
> of his
> >score. (assuming he'll part with it, doubt it, but..)
>
> Ah! Ha! Norm, it seems we now have another difference to Victoria. Up here
> if a tune is in 4/4 (not the fraction) but someone then performs it in 3/4
> ,we would consider that to be a change of time signature, not sure now what
> you would call it.   Please enlighten the list.  Sorry I don't know who did
> the arr. I heard,  maybe it was Geoff Harvey ?  It was sung at a grand
> final of the football (ours).

Gee Ron, how stupid of me not to have known 'that' was the particular version
you were refering to. This is a classic example of going off 1/2 cocked with
not enough info, both of us mate.THE ONE most Australia is familiar with sung
by JA, is the version with the choir on the steps P'house and Tycho conducting
and f'works etc.. Now how many Australians do you suppose watched YOUR football
grand final. LOL.
Assumimg you are refering to mobile wrestling where a packed house is 30,000, i
would say not many. hahahahaha.
Of course i wouldn't be watching it ya drongo. We would still be recovering
from our own grand final where a packed house is 95,000 bods,  and millions
more watching on TV. <;~)))))))
I'll talk to Harvey and find out, but maybe it was Graeme Lyall 'cos he's done
a lot of those GF's.

> And are you also trying to say that God save the Queen is not the National
> Anthem of G.B.

No never said that---get ya eyes checked ;~))

> ( like we use the Star Spangled Banner for the U.S.A.) ,I
> don't think pedantic is the right word either.

Sorry, nit-picking is more appropriate.

> Ron G
> North of the Border.

Norm.