Re: Debate on Masters results

In the Message regarding "Re: Debate on Masters results" dated 09 Jun 98,
Alec Gallagher  <alec@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> said that ...

>  The point of
> contests is to win.  That is what a contest is, be it brass band, chess or
> tug-of-war.  I say this not in defence of brass band contests - merely as a
> statement of fact.

And there was me thinking we did it to try and improve our standards! ;-)

=A0=A0
Andy Wooler Resident Conductor, Uckfield Concert Brass
Breweries, Sussex, UK MD The Classic Dance Band, Trumpet: Sussex Symphony
Orchestra andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx , http://www.awooler.demon.co.uk