Re: New Music - Concert programmes

>Can anyone suggest any good concert starters and finishers for a good
Champ
>section band? This would be much appreciated and I am happy to reciprocate
>with a list of items that I have used and found to go down well.

This is a usefull discussion !

My ideas:

Starters:

Jubilee Overture - Phillip Sparke

Blenheim Flourishes - James Curnow

Hjalarljod-Overture - Groven/Ray Farr

Finishers:

Minuano - Ray Farr

Riverdance - Ray Farr

McArthur Park

Born Free - Barry/Catherall

Symphony of Marches (last part) - Gilbert Vinter

 Music (John Miles great hit) - arr. Philip Sparke

 Toccata In D Minor (Rock Version) - Bach/Farr

Birdland - Michael Antrobus

There's probably a lot more here, but my head is now empty....

I think most of Phillip Sparke's music is great both for the musicians and
the  public. Ray Farr, Michael Antrobus and Alan Catherall are great
arrangers for brass band music.

Elisabeth Morken

Arendal Brass Band

http://www.geocities.com/Vienna/1356/