Re: Anthem - Queen of Australia

On 10 Jun, lennardrenouf <lennardrenouf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>	  Since when has Eire been part of the British Isles?  I always
> thought they were an independant country having their own currency and
> passport. and their own border customs.
> Also we in the Channel Islands, we are not part of the United Kingdom. or
> Great Britain. but we are part of the British Isles.

Eire has always been geographically part of the British Isles, at least
for the last few billion years, before which it was part of the American
mainland (see plate tectonics). The Channel Islands are geographically
part of France, even though they have been a possession of the English
Crown since the Norman conquest. Great Britain is the largest of the
British Isles, comprising England, Scotland, Wales and "Cornwall ;-)", The
smaller bits include Ireland, Isle of Wight, Isle of Man, Scilly Isles,
Lundy, Inner and Outer Hebrides, Orkney and Shetland Etc., Etc. Political
boundaries do not effect geographical boundaries.

Adrian

--
 /    \ _| (_)___   _____ ADRIAN DROVER
|__/\__\___|_\___/____)   http://www.gemscore.demon.co.uk/