Re: New Music - Concert programmes

In message <199806110835.JAA03539@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Phil Green
<goaty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes
>How about Howards "Entry of the Gods into Valhalla" - a real lip
>buster and it cost's a bomb to hire the thunder sheets but a great
>finale.
>And how about starting with a good circus march, played 'up tempo'
>always go down well.
>
>Regards,
>

>Phil Green.
>Solo EEb Bass
>Fodens (Courtois) Band.
>
>"I'm not a musician - just an instrumentalist"

But only if they're both played well...at the Yeovil contest we started
with 'The Melody Shop' at a 'true screamer tempo' (the adjudicators
words) and finished with Valhalla...and came about 700th.  As well as
thundersheets, the piece also requires an 'anvil'.

--
Tim Morgan, Bass Trombone, Woolley Pritchard Sovereign Brass.
http://www.fylde.demon.co.uk/sov/sov.htm