Re: Aw jees Norm & Adrian

At 11:07 11/06/98 +0100, Adrian Drover wrote:
>It seems to me that much of the wind band repertoire is written for more
>than one tuba, considering that the parts are often written in octaves, or
>do they use a special breed of tubist who is able to double stop?

	In my admittedly limited experience there is only one tuba part for
concert band (as opposed to two for brass band). I have not seen more than
one voice in any tuba scores. I guess my point is that basses in brass
bands seem to be much more integral to the scoring, especially in modern
arrangements.
	Norm, Adrian and other "wind ensemble" gurus - I am just a little paranoid
, as a reaction to the rather ignorant and superior attitude of some
concert band/orchestra/music Conservatorium types to brass bands.

Phil.

Philip Anderton			Phone: +61 2 9316 8301
Warringah Concert Brass
Sydney, Australia

Web: http://www.optom.unsw.edu.au/public/other/wcb.htm
Old photos: http://www.optom.unsw.edu.au/public/bbhistory/bbh.htm