Re: Songs for BL (was National Test Piece)

Alec Gallagher wrote:

> [...]

You are correct Alec. But - all music conveys emotion doesn't it? Whether or
not it was written with that intent. Don't you think of ye olde court dances
when listening to Baroque for example?

>  And I'm not sure very much emotion went into the works of
> the renaissance and baroque crowd, much of whose music was strictly
> functional, to play in church, for their patron etc etc.  In other words,
> I'm not at all sure that the last two categories mentioned were actually
> attempting to convey emotion.

As I said - maybe not written intentionally so - butnyou can't help it.

Monkey