Re: Re: Instruments for sale

Graham Young (905) 575-8440
Weston Silver Band, Symphony Hamilton
Celebration Brass, McMaster Chamber Orchestra
gyoung@xxxxxxxx

> I have been playing an old Schilke Soprano for ages. I always thought it
was
> the best around, whats a Kanstul?
>
> steve
> Becontree Brass
>

> Best Soprano cornet is the current model Kanstul
>
> followed by the Schilke then the rest.
>

> Kanstul Bb Cornets are superb also.>>

http://members.aol.com/kanstulmus/index.html

This is the url for Kanstul.

His soprano cornet has a richer tone and is
easier to blend with a Bb. The high register
intonation is more even. The Schilke is a bit thin
overall in comparison.

The Canadian Staff Band recently made some recordings
and after trying the Kanstul, put the Schilke on the shelf.
It's easier to play. Plays more like a cornet.

Schilkes to me play more like a Piccolo trumpet than
a cornet. having played my band's Yamaha the difference
was immediately noticeable in tonal quality and blend.
Kanstul is more open and free blowing.

His cornets are the best I have played.
Very in tune. Our principal cornet, Gwynn Evans
had played Sovereigns for 50 years
and never has sounded better than on
his Kanstul. Solid high register. Where on the
Sovereign things get a bit uncertain above the staff
the Kanstul is very reliable.

Best thing is he fills his orders in a reasonable time.

The copper bell flugel is amazing.

Schilke plays