Re: Musical snobbery (was Re: Songs for BL)

Reading my previous post ....in response to Adrian Drover ... I realized
that there could be interpretations other than I intended ....here's the
post and respose ..

> > I now teach big band arranging at the RSAMD in Glasgow
> > and am probably the only instructor on the staff that does not have a
> > string of letters after his name.
>
> Who cares?

In case someone misunderstands what I meant with this response ....

I mean that a string of letters isn't important to me, personally.  If
you're good at what you do, degrees or not, THAT'S what's important.
And not to say that people with degrees aren't good at what they do.
There are lots of prople in both categories who are VERY good at what
they do, and there are also lots of peopl in both categories who are not
so good at what they do.

I hope this clarifies my intention .. and Adrian, I meant to support
your position in the strongest possible way.  I don't have "a string of
letters" either, just a very stong desire to create good stuff, and to
get my "education" where I find it, whether in schools, privately, by
self-study, or by watching (listening to) how others do it and learning
from them.

Lloyd