RE: Re: Schilke / Kanstul

Andy Wooler wrote:

>Sorry John but I have to disagree with this - the biggest cause of
>intonation & stamina problems in the cornet section of amateur bands that
>I have been associated with have been caused by Denis Wick mouthpieces.
>It's ok if you play every day but how many amateurs actually do that?
>Give me a vincent bach anyday

This really surprises me. I thought Americans did that out of ignorance. I
didn't expect anyone over here to make a choice like that.

On all the Bachs I tried, I couldn't get past the tone... much too bright.
I thought the Wick RW series sounded much better and then, unfortunately, I
stumbled on to a Monette that felt just right for me.

All the best,
Tom
Haverhill Silver