Re: Musical snobbery (was Re: Songs for BL)

> "Adrian J. Raven" <aj.raven@xxxxxxxxxx> Jun 17, 1998
> 3:19 am >>>
> Tim Morgan wrote:
> >
> > Actually, I'm thinking of arranging 4'33" for band...but I'd
> like to
> > make it a test piece, so I'm renaming it 14'52"
>
> Just make sure you put it in the right key, nothing too
> tricky, eh, Tim?
> :-))))))
>
> I bought a tape the other day of someone called TDK C90,
> that had a
> recording of 45'00" on one side, and 45'00" on the other
> side too.
> Bonus!
>
> No sleeve notes though.

This is a Japanese band, which performs on low-powered step-through motorcycles.

I must say I like their recording approach, which removes the necessity of
rewinding the tape before listening to the whole performance again. Does anyone
know whether their stuff is available on CD yet?

The only criticism I would make of them as a band is a lack of dynamic range. No
problems with intonation, etc.

> Cheers,
> Ade.

Martin Taylor