FW: DW vs. VB

This reply sent directly to me refers to my original posting responding
to the Denis Wick comment. My comments follow on.

>I am one of life's ameteurs,
>But I will insist on a DW any day rather than a VB.
>It's called "Personal Taste"
>Goddit ????
>Good.
>Regards,

>Greg ( A frustratingly good all-round cornet/trumpet player)

I would expect a "frustratingly good all-round cornet/trumpet player" to
be able to make his own choice of mouthpiece but it's not people like
you that I was referring to a) you're unlikely to be only getting it out
of the box once a week and b) you've probably been around long enough to
make what is for you, an informed choice.

The youngsters who sit on the back rows of non-championship section
bands are less likely to have the knowledge - they get a new instrument
with a wick mouthpiece and off they go. It's happened in the band I
conduct and I will be surprised if some other conductors haven't also
come across the problem.
You are entitled to your opinion, as are we all and after all, this is a
discussion list - but your words "Goddit??? and Good" give the
appearance of someone trying to force an opinion down my throat. I'm
sorry but they won't get past the narrow confines of my Vincent Bach or
Al Cass mouthpieces!.

Andy Wooler