Re: Re: Schilke / Kanstul/Wick/sovereign/Getzen

Jeremy wrote:

> Hi all. Have been following this debate with interest. I get asked to judge
> a few solo contests and often comment to young players on instruments and
> mouthpieces. I cannot understand the point in having the biggest possible
> bore in an instrument and then combining it with a shallow mouthpiece.

I played for many years on a wick but changed to bach's on the advice of my
tutor at the time (Ian Macintosh, son of Jack). I had a matching pair
(trumpet & cornet) - to overcome the issue you mentioned, he used some
kind of tool on the cornet version to slightly increase the bore - it was
for me a happy combination.

=A0=A0
Andy Wooler Resident Conductor, Uckfield Concert Brass
Breweries, Sussex, UK MD The Classic Dance Band, Trumpet: Sussex Symphony
Orchestra andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx , http://www.awooler.demon.co.uk