Warringah Concert Program

Brass band listees -

Given the recent interest in concert repertoire, here is the progam we have
planned for a local club concert tomorrow night:

1. Raiders of the Lost Ark- Williams/Sykes
2. Hungarian Rhapsody No. 2 - Liszt/Rimmer
3. A medley of TV and film themes, mostly arranged by Steve Packer
4. Overture Barber of Seville - Rossini (Arr. unknown)
5. Show Boat - Kern/Ord Hume
6. Hymn - The Recessional - arr. Saunders/McCrudden

INTERVAL

(Junior band program)

7. Quintet ("Morning, Noon and Night", arr. Steve Packer)
8. Tuba Quartet ("Spritual Jazz Suite" - Lennie Niehaus)

9. 12th Street rag - Bowman/Peberdy, featuring the cornet section
10. Capriccio Brilliante ("Carnival of Naples") - Bellstedt/Smith,
     usually a Tenor Horn solo, but played by Steve Packer on Eb Bass
11. Bacchanale - Saint Saens/Wilkinson

Our Junior Band will also play a few numbers.

Hungarian Rhapsody has taken the most preparation, its a killer for
conductor and players. The old Ord Hume arrangement of Show Boat really
scrubs up well with attention to detail. Barber of Seville is an
opporutnity to demonstrate delicate (hopefully) ensemble, esp. in the
Allegro Vivace. Bacchanale shows off the precussion, esp. timps near the end.

Our last concert attracted a full house. Hoping for the same again of course.

We usually introduce each piece with a short presentation about the music,
the arrangement,  and the section of the band (or solo player) which it
features.

 In this concert Steve Packer is featured because unfortunately for us he
is leaving Sydney next week to take a number of concert and brass bands in
Mildura, Victoria on a long term basis. He was National EEb champ last year
and was 2nd this year.

Phil Anderton

Philip Anderton			Phone: +61 2 9316 8301
Warringah Concert Brass
Sydney, Australia

Web: http://www.optom.unsw.edu.au/public/other/wcb.htm
Old photos: http://www.optom.unsw.edu.au/public/bbhistory/bbh.htm