Re: Mouthpieces - Denis Wick or Vincent Bach ?

In message <000201bd9a3d$bf639920$c5c466c3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, A M Moore
<andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes
>I am a BBb Bass player in a UK band & I went off Denis Wick mouthpieces
>years ago.
>
>The main problem I found was the plating - sure they helped to produce a
>decent quality sound but my spit/saliva soon destroyed the plating & it
>simply feel off.
>
>I wont be going back onto a Wick unless the quality of plating has got
>better.
>
>Only my opinion of course.
>

>Andy Moore  -  andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
>Planted Aquarium Tank Fanatic &
>BBb Tuba Player in the Poulton-le-Fylde Brass Band:-
>
>http://www.ascot.u-net.com/home/Band.htm
>

>--
Andy
The quality of plating on Dennis Wick mouthpieces does not seem to have
improved. I got a new laquer BBb bass in January this year with a Dennis
Wick mouthpiece. The laquer plating has now almost completely gone on
the rim and inside. I am relieved that you had the same problem - I
thought that I had super corrosive saliva.
While on the subject of mouthpieces can anyone recommend one that will
help me to get pedal notes. I am currently using a Dennis Wick 2L
--
Hilary Mateer

BBb Bass Loxley Silver Band
Bass Newfield Community concert band