Bugle .... results

Well I got back too late last night to post the results then, but here we
go .....

Adjudicator - James Scott

Class D (National 4th and 3rd Combined) - 7 Bands
Test Piece .... Overture to Youth - Eric Hughes

RBL Crownhill - 1st (91 points)
Penzance Silver - 2nd (88 points)
Pendennis Brass - 3rd (86 points)

(Best player award to Cathy Fox - Euphonium from RBL Crownhill)

Class C - 4 bands
Test Piece - Music for a Festival - Philip Sparke
Hymn - Own choice from 120 Hymns

Test Piece
St Keverne - 1st (93 points)
Bugle Silver - 2nd (89 points)
Egham - 3rd (87 points)
RBL Crownhill - 4th (84 points)

Hymn
St Keverne - 1st (48 points)
Egham - 2nd (46 points)
Bugle Silver - 3rd (45 points)

Best player (oops - sorry I was chatting when they announced this :(( )

Class B - 3 bands
Test Piece ....  Sunset Rhapsody - Eric Ball
March .... Castell Coch - T J Powell

Test Piece
Lucketts Travel - 1st (88 points)
St Austell Kernow - 2nd (86 points)
Helston Town - 3rd (84 points)

March
Lucketts Travel - 1st (48 points)
St Austel Kernow - 2nd (45 points)
Helston Town - 3rd (43 points)

Best Player .... Peter Menear (solo cornet) St Austell Kernow

Youth Section - 3 bands
Test Piece - Petite Suite de Ballet - Eric Ball

St Austell - 1st (92 points)
St Keverne - 2nd (91 points)
Mount Charles - 3rd (90 points)

Class A - 5 bands

Test Piece  - The Wayfarer (sinfonietta) - Eric Ball
March - Senator - George Allan

Test Piece
Camborne Town - 1st (97 points)
Bodmin Town - 2nd (96 points)
St Austell Town - 3rd (91 points)
Mount Charles - 4th (89 points)

March
Bodmin Town - 1st (48 points)
Camborne Town - 2nd (47 points)
St Austell Town - 3rd (46 points)

Best Player - Stuart Chappel (Flugel) - Camborne Town

The best player awards for the day .....

Best Sop - Chris North - St Austell (section A)
Best Solo Cornet - Peter Menear - St Austell Kernow (section B)
Best Euphonium - Steve Osborne - Bodmin (section A)
Best Solo Horn - Mark Letcher - Bodmin
Best Set of Basses - Camborne

Deportment
Bodmin (35 marks)
Bugle (34 marks)

Well that gives you all the results from the day .... and what a lovely day
it was too :) ...... lots of Sun, music (and beer!!!!).

Cheers

Heidi

--
Flugel Horn Player - Penzance Silver Band
mayon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx	http://www.argonet.co.uk/users/mayon/PzSilver.html

All opinions expressed are my own ... not that of PSB :)
Uploaded on Sun,21 Jun 1998.09:22:31