Re:War.was Geographic Breakdown

Rick L. Brookens wrote:

> Ian-
>
> Sniped-.
>

> >So, what is the brass band situation in the US?
>
> Bleak! (In regard to the overall music scene.)  Some of us are trying to
> change the situation.  But-- I'm having to do it gradually, using French
> horns and trumpets ( I know! I know! No Flames Please!)  I just can't get
> them to give up their Bach Strads
>
> >Is the music played by US bands of a similar type and standard to
> >that in the UK? A player with and Australian band commented to me
> >recently that brass music over there all tended to be loud and raucus.
> >and quiet melodic playing was almost unknown.
>
> Probably not and he's probably right.

Well what a classic example of the ignorance of the people who gave us ,big
macs,etc. Don't you feel sorry for the poor possums not wanting to give up
their Bach Strads??

Don't you think that before anyone gives an opinion on the sounds made by
Australian Bands, that first hand knowledge should be acquired?.

Also the average Australian B B (30 brass) will march up to 3 miles with only
percussion (ave 3) breaks to change the music. Try doing that on a Bach Strad.
(other than Norm)

Finally could we have the name of the player from the Aus. band who made the
original comment,he/she should spend more time listening and less time downing
cool Tinnies.

Ron G