Re: Mouthpieces - Denis Wick or Vincent Bach ?

Hi again

My father, Peter Wise, who was the euph prof. at Kneller Hall, played in
most of the top orchestras LSO, LPO, Philharmonia etc as well as brass
bands had a mouthpiece designed and made by Giardinellis (NY) based on th
characteristics of the Wick and Bach combined. This involved a Bach rim
design and backbore combined with a Wick cup and throat. It has a screw r
im
which is silver plated and has lasted through 15 years of heavy use.Now
that he has retired my 11 year old son has it and his Sovereign euph. The
mouthpiece cost =A3120 15 years ago so it's going to be a lot more now!!!

Problems with the nylon, perspex and wooden options seem to be a lack of
power generally and a less centred feel to production from the reports th
at
I have heard.

Jeremy