Re: Sovereign Heritage and Jack Beaver

Alec Sorry for the late reply, i was waiting to see if any bodyelse would
give you the information you require from the list.

 Sovereign Heritage, by Jack Beaver (crazy
> name, crazy guy!!).

Sovereign Heritage is quite a mature work, (to my ears anyway, although
they
> are, admittedly, constructed of tin),

I do not agree with your opinon, if you have the opputunity to play the
peice and also play it in a contest you may have a different opinion .
yours evan

Jack Beaver was born in Clapham London 1900 Died Sept 1963, educated at the
Royal Academy of Music. Chiefly known by background music which he wrote
for feature films and documentaries starting with silent films and writing
his first talking picture score in 1932 Baround for RKO pictures. worked on
the music thirtynine steps.
resident composer with Gaumont British pictures from 1934 and regualar
conductor for them from 1939. from1936 to 41 was responsible for scoring
many radio adaptions of films and in 1946 was musical director of the
series picture parde.
Sovereign Heritage, the test peice for the National 1954 was arranged by
Frank Wright and won by Faireys and Harry Mortimer. it was also used in
1972 for the British Open won by Black Dyke and Geoffery Brand.
it is a wonderfull peice of music not often played. difficult to conceve.
and still a challenge for our top bands to play.