Wick plating

Hi,

With several people complaining about Wick mouthpieces having poor
plating can I make a few points:

1. Wick are I think the only major manufacturer that sells mouthpieces
that are gold plated.

2. Gold plating wears much faster than silver because it is a much
softer metal.

3. Wick gold plating is inferior to standard gold plating. You can
expect it to wear off very quickly (couple of years?).

So if you prefer gold plating, then I think you should buy a silver
mouthpiece and get a decent shop to gold plate it. Should cost about a
tenner and will last much longer than Wicks do. But you have to remember
that it will still need replating several times in its lifetime.

4. Don't both getting the whole mouthpiece plated, the outside (apart
from the rim) is fine silver, saving you money.

Hope this clears up points,

Dave

--
David Read			     Queens' College