Grimethorpe Aussie Tour

Dear List,

Does anyone know why the Grimthorpe concert tour down under has had a
concert date and venue cancelled? I'm talking about the Saturday night at
the Hills Entertainment Centre (seating capacity >1000) in Sydney, February '99.

Together with a couple of local bands we have sold (or bought) and
prepurchased over 100 tickets for this concert and we are now advised that
Grimethorpe will be giving only 1 Sydney concert - on a Wednesday evening at
the Town Hall. Now apart from the obvious problems of refunding monies to
those in my bands who are unavailable on the Wednesday night (I know of at
least 4 bands which rehearse on Wednesday)- how many of Mr and Mrs General
Public will go out on a weeknight - even for Grimethorpe?

Again it seems that another great idea for an international touring band
(one with some credibility and public appeal re Brassed Off) has come undone
once more.

I will probably organise the full band to attend the concert instead of
rehearsal - (thats  where their conductor will be!)

Mark Strykowski
MD City of Holroyd Brass
MD Clefhangers Band
I will probably