Re: Grimethorpe Aussie Tour

Mark Strykowski wrote:

> Does anyone know why the Grimthorpe concert tour down under has had a
> concert date and venue cancelled? I'm talking about the Saturday night at
> the Hills Entertainment Centre (seating capacity >1000) in Sydney, February '99.

I had a phone call a couple of weeks ago politely telling me
that the Geelong and Ballarat concerts had been cancelled.

When I collected my wits the next day I rang the tour
organizers and asked for a reason and was told that the tour
had been condensed as the band wanted a week in Japan - I
gathered they would play to larger crowds there.

On asking if this particular tour organizer had ever
organized a tour before I gathered that Bananas in Pajamas
headed the list.
They refused to give me the fax number or phone number of
the bandsperson who was their contact in Britain.

I then e-mailed Grimethorpe's Home Page and asked for a copy
be given to the Bandmaster to enquire if the band knew what
was being done in their name in Australia, or whether this
tour operator had jumped the gun by soliciting bookings and
taking money before the tour schedule was set in concrete,
but have had no acknowledgement to that message and I
haven't yet got around to printing out a copy and
snail-mailing it to the bandmaster.

Not good PR, I hope someone from Grimethorpe reads this
message.

Regards, Barbara