Re: Re:War.was Geographic Breakdown

> From: oui <mavnw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> To: brass-band@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: Re:War.was Geographic Breakdown
> Date: 24 June 1998 13:06
>
> On Tue, 23 Jun 1998, TiBaR wrote:
>

> > If you listen to bands from various countries  they tend to have
different
> > styles from a holistic viewpoint. UK bands - melodic, quiet round rich
> > sound.  NZ bands - similar but generally louder. AUS bands - louder
again.

> Quiet?! Which UK bands have you been listening to?
>
> Dave Taylor

I'm with Dave on this one, which UK bands are you basing this theory on, it
sounds like a pile of uninformed  to me.

I challenge anyone on the list to name a NZ or AUS band who can match the
loudness of Brighouse & Rastrick (and probably many other UK bands, which I
won't bother listing).  B&R band must be one of the loudest bands around
(but still with a controlled huge sound), and I would argue that they are
also just about the quietest as well.

I doubt NZ or AUS bands come anywhere near, afterall the best bands in the
world come from Yorkshire (well, apart from YBS !!).

Martin :-)