(no subject)

There seems to be a lot of fuss about where in the world the best bands
are - I couldn't care less if a US band is better than an Australian band
or a UK based band. What most of us are trying to do is to make the
players that we have perform at the highest level that they are capable
of. And when I say most, bear in mind the Championship section represents
less than 25% of the total and that most bands outside that section are
genuinely amateur organisations. My own band have enough to do trying to
be the best band in our neck of the woods let alone worrying about what a
band in outer mongolia sounds like!

It's the efforts of extremely good bands wherever they may come from, that
will help us all to bring the brass band movement to a much wider
audience - we should be grateful, not arguing about it!

=A0=A0
Andy Wooler Resident Conductor, Uckfield Concert Brass
Breweries, Sussex, UK MD The Classic Dance Band, Trumpet: Sussex Symphony
Orchestra andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx , http://www.awooler.demon.co.uk