Re: Re:War.was Geographic Breakdown

>> > If you listen to bands from various countries  they tend to have
>different
>> > styles from a holistic viewpoint. UK bands - melodic, quiet round rich
>> > sound.  NZ bands - similar but generally louder. AUS bands - louder
>again.
>>
>> Quiet?! Which UK bands have you been listening to?
>>
>> Dave Taylor
>
>I'm with Dave on this one, which UK bands are you basing this theory on, it
>sounds like a pile of uninformed  to me.
>
>I challenge anyone on the list to name a NZ or AUS band who can match the
>loudness of Brighouse & Rastrick (and probably many other UK bands, which I
>won't bother listing).  B&R band must be one of the loudest bands around
>(but still with a controlled huge sound), and I would argue that they are
>also just about the quietest as well.
>
>I doubt NZ or AUS bands come anywhere near, afterall the best bands in the
>world come from Yorkshire (well, apart from YBS !!).
>
>Martin :-)

Hi Martin,
There are some fine bands in NZ and Oz, but of course you are 100% correct -
there is nothing in this part of the world which can REMOTELY match the
controlled power of the top UK bands.  The gulf between the Northern and
Southern Hemispheres is rather wide in that respect (and in others, too).

A bit like our rugby teams, really. :~}

However, please don't drag NZ bands into this Anglo/Aussie squabble - you
will be able to judge us for yourselves when Woolston Brass comes over your
way in Y2K.

Best wishes, and congrats on your results of late...