Daft things said by Adjudicators

Jeremy Wise wrote:

...snip...

> Here's a new topic!!! Stupid things that adjudicators have said.
>
> Here are a few: "So nearly a prize winning performance" - awarded 17th out
> of 22.
>			"Percussion messy and inaccurate" the band had no
> percussion.
>			"This score says is my road map - it says garage and
> you are giving
>	      me filling station"
>			"We knew we had a winner after the first 30 bars" 17
> minute						   testpiece at
> British Open.
>			 "2nd trombone - if you are going to cue the
> baritone parts put your
>			   hand over the f......g bell."
> Regards

Good thread Jeremy!!!  Name the guilty men...

My own favourites:

"Perfect intonation" (8th out of 10 - Brighton '91 I think)

"If I adjudicated the same contest tommorow the results might be
completely different"  (lots of contests - I translate as "I don't
really know what I'm supposed to be listening for...")

David

Lecturer in Music
UCRYSJ
Tel: 01765 602691