Re: Wick plating -Reply

Paul.
The problem with brass plating on todays mouthpieces.

1 . the production and the thickness of the brass plating.

2.  Shaving stubble, men have different strengths of shaving stubble just
like sand paper grades, stronger the stubble more wear and tear on the m/p.
softer the stubble, bum fluff ;-) less wear and tear on the m/ps.
I do not shave before I play,  I bought two wick m/ps, one brass and the
other silverplated about 4yrs ago and switched playing them alternatively
for 4yrs. The brass plated one after 3yrs had fine scratch marks around the
rim, and needs plating.  I had one re-plated brass on the outside, the rim
and inside silverplated and it is staying the course.
women playing of m/ps do not have shaving problems that why there m/ps last
longer.
Evan