Daft things said by Adjucators

Back in the 60's when I was a young fella in New Zealand, an well known
Aussie conductor from country Queensland (no names but initials JJK) was
adjudicating the A grades at the NZ national championships.  He was
scathing in his comments on the quality of the hymn playing and declared
proudly:

"When my band plays a hymn, it brings tears to my eyes"

The following year they came across and competed.  Guess what?  They
were dead last in almost everything if my memory is correct.  I bet that
made him cry alright.

Roy Taylor
City of Dandenong Band
Melbourne, Australia