Re: Daft things said by Adjucators

----------
From: Roy Taylor <rtaylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: 'brass-band@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: Daft things said by Adjucators
Date: 25 June 1998 22:57

Back in the 60's when I was a young fella in New Zealand, a well known
Aussie conductor from country Queensland (no names but initials JJK) was
adjudicating the A grades at the NZ national championships.  He was
scathing in his comments on the quality of the hymn playing and declared
proudly:

"When my band plays a hymn, it brings tears to my eyes"

It appears he was crying with the pain of listening to it, or maybe
laughter.

The following year they came across and competed.  Guess what?  They were
dead last in almost everything if my memory is correct.  I bet that made
him cry alright.

Most conductors suffer from an affliction from time to time which means
that they hear the band in their head, which sounds like Dyke or Fairies,
instead of the one in front of them which generally does not. I am sure
that this has happened to me and is why I do not win every contest I enter
despite the fact that my band is always the best.;-))

Jeremy

Roy Taylor
City of Dandenong Band
Melbourne, Australia