Re: Favorite CDs

Hi Kevin

It very much depends what you want to listen to.

If you want heavyweight playing and music I think that you would be hard
pressed to beat 'Complete Champions' by Black Dyke in 1985. Superb band,
fantastic recording quality - all test pieces.

For a mixture of test pieces and concert repertoire try the recordings of
the European Championships  - good live playing and excellent bands - the
one from Luxembourg 1986 is particularly good.

For concert repertoire the recordings of Britannia and H Snell are pretty
good. For SA bands Enfield are worth listening to especially recordings
from the early 1980's and recent ISB recordings.

For Jazzy band recordings I would try Freeh Way by Rigid Containers, Close
Enough For Jazz - Redbridge, Brassamatazz - Brass Band Battle Creek, and
the live recording of the National Finals Gala with James Morrison.

I hope that this is helpful.

Jeremy