Re: Favorite CDs

A bit of desert island question!

Here's the five I would take (in no particular order)

Hymns Ancient and Modern (Williams Fairey) - great mix of arranging styles

The Essence of Time (Black Dyke) - probably about the best-ever Dyke job

Diamond Jubilee (Williams Fairey) - a great double CD

Rhapsody in Brass (Black Dyke) - if only for the recording of Resurgam

Hot Brass (Greater Bendigo, Australia) - only 'cos I played in the band

Australia 98 - cos it was the first of a National championships in our part
of the world

* The last two may be a little biased, but then our favorite CDs are full
of biases!

Chris Earl
Muso's Media/Australia's Band World

PO Box 938 Bendigo Australia 3552
http//www.diskotech.iaccess.com.au/austbw

Available now - Australia '98. CD of winning performances from 1998
Australian National Band Championships and Gala Concert - $AUD25 plus $
post

Australian Importers for Summit Records and Kiwi Pacific Records
Importers and retailers of brass and wind band recordings and sheet music
Publishers of Australian brass compositions

Phone/fax: +61 (0)3 5447-0873