Re: Professor Walter Hargreaves.

People I Wish I Had Known - Walter Hargreaves

Having seen many of his scores at Cory's and Brighouse he would be at the
top of the list. Reports of his abilities are consistent - great. By his
own admission he was a swine in rehearsal - I think he quite enjoyed it
especially as he was not much over 5 foot tall. I would have loved to have
sat down with him and read through some of the his old scores and learnt.
The most common and highest tribute paid that I have heard was his ability
to get great performances out of average players.

Others who I would have like to have had this privilege include Arthur
Kenney, of whom there are more funny stories than I can count, Halliwell,
Rimmer, etc etc.

Jeremy