Re: Favorite CDs

Kevin Petersen wrote:
   ============ snip snip ===========
> What are <your favorite/the best> 3 or 4 brassband CDs you have in your
> collection?

G'day Kevin..
I have a room full of Brass Band recordings - that's virtually all I
collect. They go back over 35 years so I am pretty particular on what I
recommend.
>From a personal perspective my favorite recordings in recent times - not
in any particular order - are:

On The Road - New York Staff Band - Triumphonic TRCD 1051
Life Abundant - Amsterdam Staff Band - DJK 98-2003
Double Champions - Williams Fairy Band - Polyphonic QPRL 065D
The King of Kings - Egon Virtuosi Band - Egon EGN-CD 112
Peter Graham - Black Dyke Band - Doyen DOYCD 069
Essays For Brass Vol 1 - YBS Band - Polyphonic QPRL 080D
A Fanfare of Praise - International Staff Band - SPS 099 CD
Paganini Variations - Grimethorpe - Doyen DOY CD 015
Endeavor - IMI Yorkshire Imperial Band - Doyen DOY CD 006
Highlights from the European Championships 1997 - various bands - Doyen
DOY CD 062.

The last mentioned is a double recording and contains the most
incredible recording of 'Pageantry' I have ever heard. I have this piece
on about 5 other recordings and this presentation is simply electric!

I could mention many many other CD's and have left out heaps of other
good recordings including the new one from the Australian championships
of 1998 but no doubt Chris Earl will mention this one.

Best wishes

Allen Woodham