FAIREY and daft things said by Adjudicators or rather SEEN.

I=27ll never forget nor understand what happened at the European championsh
ip in
Montreux 1994.

I had a seat very near to the box of the adjudicators, which were blinded
by a
curtain in light pink.
With the lamp in the box, you could easily see all the movement and the
gestures
inside the box. Very smart and funny to see. It was Roy Newsome (you even
could
easily see who was doing the gestures and Roy is easy to recognise since
he was
the only wearing glasses and * you know), who was putting his fingers in
his
ears different times when Fairey played their own choice, Masquerade.
Indeed, it
was unbelievable how rough Fairey and especially the timpani player
were/was
banging their way through a piece full of ff,fff,ffff. Embarrassing and
the
worst performance I ever heard from them, even for me being a Fairey fan.

At the results, Fairey won it and got 99 out of 100 for Masquerade, taking
the
title away from Norways Eikanger with one point. Equal points would have
given
it to Eikanger.

An adjudicator putting his fingers in his ears while giving 99, can you
understand it , I CAN=27T ?=21 Or was it English protectionism (don=27t
shoot me for
that) and Roy having good relations with Fairey, as e.g. their former
conductor.

And I thought adjudicating started with listening=21, and for that * you
need your
 ears=21 If they can not stand the noise, something might be wrong
with the
performance. So, * give them 99=21
Oh, dear.

Edy Van Asch, Belgium.