[no subject]

Listers:

I'm a new subscriber to the list and like most Americans, I suppose, I'm not
very familiar with brass bands. I have spent 30 years playing Euphonium and
Trombone and for 20 of those 30 years, I played in the U.S. Army Band
program. I'm now retired from the Army but I'm not retired from music.

I'm much more familiar with band music and all the inherent woodwind
problems (!) than I am brass bands.  But I subscribed to this list to learn
all that I can about brass bands. Since the UK seems to be the mecca of that
genre, well, this serves as a note of introduction to you all. I was
fortunate to have lived and to have performed throughout most of Europe in
those 15 years, though, unfortunately, I never really visited the UK.  So
I'll be reading posts with interest and I'm sure I'll learn a thing or
three.

Since I'm in learning mode here, I ran across the term "repiano".  Not
having an Oxford's Music Dictionary handy, I'd like to ask fellow listers
just what "repiano" is. Anybody care to explain that one?

Thanks,

Allen Lawless
alawless@xxxxxxxxxxxxx