Anthony Spurgin

I am sad to announce the death of Anthony Spurgin.
Tony's contribution to the brass band world included "A Wealdon Rhapsody"
used for one of the areas a few years ago and his "Deux Grotesques"
written under his pen name of A.Picon.
In addition to his work with brass, Tony was for many years the MD of the
Windsor panto and during the war years, toured with "Stars in Battledress".
I had the pleasure of playing with Tony for many years in the Pevensey
Silver Band and Sussex Brass - he was a real character and will be sadly
missed.

=A0=A0
Andy Wooler Resident Conductor, Uckfield Concert Brass
Breweries, Sussex, UK MD The Classic Dance Band, Trumpet: Sussex Symphony
Orchestra andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx , http://www.awooler.demon.co.uk