Bb variation solo for young player?

Hi all

I have a young 13 year old cornet player that I am helping for solo
competitions.  I play tenor horn and am not really familiar with the
repertoire for advancing cornet players.  She has played Wiederker (sp?)
at the nationals in the under 13's and gained 2nd place.  I am looking
for the "next step" so to speak.  Probably something quite musical with
a little technique in it.  She can only single tongue so I think
something with a little doubling or tripling would be good.   Not a
whole page but a bit interspersed with easier playing.
One suggestion I have so far is Long long ago.

Any useful suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Sergio Marshall