re Bb variations for young soloists

Sergio,
Having also used 'Wiedeker' as a first air varie for pupils I then move them
on to 'The Conquering Hero' then 'Russia' then 'Old Folks At Home'.
All of these solos are by John Hartmann and are published by Wright & Round
Ltd, Gloucester.

Used in this order I feel it gives a good  steady progression through the
basic techniques of brass playing.

Of course they all use the same basic music language and are maybe a little
bit dated - for fresh ideas it may well be worth seeking out some of the
Salvation Army Instrumental Albums.These contain air varies and slow
melodies and many of them are quite interesting harmonically.

Joanne Sykes
sykotuba@xxxxxxxxxxxx