Re: Mavis in Las Vegas

Hi Jim

> Does anyone on the List know if the Composition "Mavis in Las Vegas"
> composed by Sir Malcolm Davies

I suppose you mean Peter Maxwell Davies

>  (from Scotland I believe)

originally from Manchester, but now resident on Orkney

>  is available
> in Brass Band arrangement?

No...but I'm sure it would make a good one...  I doubt if Booseys
will allow it though - I've had bad experiences with them over
Stravinsky!

> I heard it played by the Boston Pops last night and it has lots of
> interesting stuff in it.
>
> Would appreciate any information that's available on this.

The title comes from confusion over his hotel bill when he was
staying in Las Vegas - like you, the receptionist got his name wrong
but on this occasion he beame Mavis Davies.  Max has a sad sense of
humour.

> Thanks.....Jim
> Renaissance Brass Band of Sun City Arizona

Good name for a band!
David