George Lloyd

After all those nice things people on the list were saying about English
Heritage last week, I'm sorry to have to report that George Lloyd died early
this week.  The UK Daily Telegraph gave him a fulsome obituary - half a
page - in which not a word was mentioned about his substantial contribution
to brass bands.  I suppose that reflects not so much on the priorities of
the obituary writers as on the significance of brass bands in the world, but
there you go.

Alec