Re: Ramsdens Invitation Masters

At 13:11 03/07/98 +0100, you wrote:

>Does anyone have any information about the Harry Ramsden's Invitation
>Masters contest (Championship Section) that was publicised in the Bandsman a
>while back?
>e.g. which bands have been invited and where/when it will take place?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Cameron

Where HAVE you been all these past weeks Cameron ....... most (all?) of the
heats have taken place for this contest and the final has been set for
September (13th rings a few bells but don't quote me on that!) at the
Ramsden HQ restaurant in Guiseley near Leeds.  I think it clashes with the
contest over at Hardraw in the Yorks. Dales too .... which is a great pity
because I'm sure some people will be spoilt for choice and subsequently
disappointed to miss out on one of these contests.

For the record though, I have heard from a representative of ONE band who
took part who said the heat was a "joke" as far as BB contesting goes, and
another representative who although extremely wet due to inclement weather
whose band enjoyed it very much.  Maybe the final will be the best day of
all (on all counts) as a consequence?

Hope this is of interest to you.  perhaps someone else can confirm details
as above ..... if not check the BBWorld Website
(http://www.brassbandworld.com) for info. instead.

Cheers!

A.T.
Angela Tregaskes
P.A. to Professor Trevor G. Smart & Departmental Secretary
Department of Pharmacology & Centre for Toxicology
The School of Pharmacy
University of London
29-39 Brunswick Square
London, WC1N  1AX, U.K.