Mouthpieces - Technical Data

Open question :

Does anyone know of any technical investigative work on mouthpiece design?

Has there been any scientific investigations into the frequency response of
various air cavity shapes, thickness of shell versus wavelength of vibration
etcetera?

I would also be interested if someone could put me onto a source of
technical data such as backbore tapers, bore diameters etcetera of any
mouthpieces.

I still hold by the old adage that 'it's the chops at the back end that
produce the result' but I'm interested if there has been any quantitative
analysis done on mouthpieces.

All or any responses welcome.

TiBaR
Bairnsdale or the Bush