re; Mouthpieces - Technical Data

Without any doubt the best source of information regarding mouthpiece design
is contained within 'Brass Anthology' published by 'The Instrumentalist
Company', 200 Northflield Road, Northfield, Illinois, USA.
It's quite expensive but IMHO this is the most thorough (and fascinating)
book on the subject of brass performance and design ever published.
There are numerous articles re mouthpieces - materials, dimensions etc.etc.
including contributions from Reynold O. Schilke and Vincent Bach.
The book  (1172 pages!) consults all the American 'greats' (past & present)
and includes the last word on warm-ups, articulation, breathing, intonation,
embrochoure and literature.
Nobody could part me from my copy - if it aint in here you'll not find it
anywhere!!

Steve Sykes
sykotuba@xxxxxxxxxxxx