Re: Mouthpieces - Technical Data

TiBaR wrote:

>Open question :
>
>Does anyone know of any technical investigative work on mouthpiece design?
>
>Has there been any scientific investigations into the frequency response of
>various air cavity shapes, thickness of shell versus wavelength of vibration
>etcetera?

Also, anything on the match between the player and the instrument?
The good thing about the Warburton mouthpiece I was enquiring about a
while back compared to the VBs and Wicks that I'd tried was that it
seemed to do a pretty good impedance matching job between me and the
cornet: there was suddenly a lot more sound for the same effort and
high notes came easier too. So between us we managed to achieve resonance,
zero resistance, whatever. Any engineers shed light on this?

Gillian

gmh@xxxxxxxxxxxx