Re: Mouthpieces - Technical Data

TiBaR wrote:

>Open question :
>
>Does anyone know of any technical investigative work on mouthpiece design?
>
>Has there been any scientific investigations into the frequency response of
>various air cavity shapes, thickness of shell versus wavelength of vibration
>etcetera?

Also, anything on the match between the player and the instrument?
The good thing about the Warburton mouthpiece I was enquiring about a
while back compared to the VBs and Wicks that I'd tried was that it
seemed to do a pretty good impedance matching job between me and the
cornet: there was suddenly a lot more sound for the same effort and
high notes came easier too. So between us we managed to achieve resonance,
zero resistance :-).

Any engineers shed light on this?

Gillian

gmh@xxxxxxxxxxxx