Re: VAT

Monkey wrote :
>I am currently in the UK and may purchase an instrument to take back to
>Australia. Can anyone advise re tax situation?
>Do I claim the tax back at the airport here, in Oz or what?

3 months ago I purchased a stack of CDs in UK. The store provided me with a
form to fill out to reclaim VAT.
When you exit via Heathrow there is a counter just to the right after
passport and hand luggage examination  - they validate the form and  there
is even a postbox to post it from. You eventually get the rebate via snail
mail or electronic transfer to your account.

Everyone involved was most helpful and even understood the accent.

TiBaR
Bairnsdale or the Bush